International Advanced Nurse Midwife Practitioner Week13 Nov 2017
The International Advanced Nurse Midwife Practitioner week is being celebrated from the 11th to 17th of November 2018 .
The IAANMP are encouraging all of our members to use this week as an opportunity to celebrate your achievements and showcase your services.
ADVANCED NURSE MIDWIFE PRACTITIONER SERVICES
- Advanced Nurse Midwife Practitioners have been providing healthcare in Ireland for over 21 years,
- There are more than 240 Advanced Nurse Midwife Practitioners registered to practice in Ireland today, providing solutions to the current health care crisis,
- Advanced Nurse Midwife practitioners, also known as RANPs / RAMPs, are expert clinicians with advanced training who provide primary, acute and specialty health care,
- RANPs hold Master’s degrees, and many have doctoral degrees, as well as advanced education and clinical training,
- In Ireland, recent research has demonstrated that care provided by RANPs /RAMPs improves patient/client outcomes, is safe, acceptable and cost neutral, we are proven, expert, patient-centred clinicians, and we are the health care providers of choice for many people,
- RANPs offer high-quality, cost-effective, patient-centred health care, giving patients more direct access to the primary, acute and specialty care services ,
- RANPs provide a full range of services, such as ordering, performing and interpreting diagnostic tests; diagnosing and treating acute and chronic conditions; prescribing medications and treatments; and managing overall patient care,
- Because of their unique combination of medical and nursing expertise and skills, RANPs emphasize the health and well-being of the whole person in their approach, including helping patients make educated health care decisions and healthy lifestyle choices.